Friday, August 29, 2014

Hepatitis B/Your first vaccination opportunity



Deciding whether or not to vaccinate your child is a decision that some parents struggle with.

It can be hard to find a balanced discussion. The internet is full of one sided rhetoric (both pro vaccine and the anti vaccine factions are guilty of this). Can vaccinations have some side effects? Absolutely. Do they always work? Of course not. That being said, I personally believe that vaccinations save lives and that the benefits overwhelmingly outweigh the concerns.

Our office puts an enormous amount of thought into the vaccination schedule that we follow.
We don't just blindly follow the rules. In past years there were times that we were doing our schedule a little differently than other offices as we tried to minimize the amount of shots during one visit.
When the Pentacel combination vaccine was introduced, our schedule finally shifted around and now we follow the standard immunization recommendations. It appears that Dr. Sears seems comfortable with this vaccine schedule as well; so many of the parents who were trying to spread things around no longer feel the need to do so.

The first immunization that is given to many babies is the Hepatitis B vaccine. There are different forms of Hepatitis. The B strain is mostly contracted through blood exposure or sexual activity.
Hepatitis B is no joke. It is 100 times more contagious than HIV. It can lead to liver cancer and death. In Britain where babies currently do not routinely get the Hep B at birth, the cases of Hepatitis B have doubled in the last decade. The Hepatitis B vaccine was approved in 1981 and has over 30 years of proven safety. It was actually the first cancer preventing vaccine.

In this country, most hospitals will automatically give this within a day or so of birth unless you tell them otherwise. If mom is Hepatitis B positive (It is important to know your Hepatitis B status, check with your OB if you don't) it is essential for the baby to get the protection as soon as possible.
If mom is not a Hepatitis B carrier, then I am perfectly comfortable if you decide to hold off from getting it before you leave the hospital.  The official recommendation is to get that first one over with in the hospital and there is no down side, but if you are feeling overwhelmed with things and want a bit more time before jumping into the immunization program, I have no issues with my patients delaying that hospital dose, but don't delay too long. I would suggest getting started with it at the one month visit if you put off that immediate new-born dose.

Is your young child high risk? Probably not. But before you decide to waive the protection altogether please consider this. Hepatitis B can survive outside of the body for at least several hours.
I know of more than one case in this city where an unsuspecting child found a syringe in a playground. Living in an urban environment means it is not zero risk for exposure. Currently most day-cares and schools require the series before admission so most likely (unless you sign a vaccine waiver) your child will get need to get the Hep B series within the first few years of life.  It is much easier on your child to get this shot added to the rounds of shots that we give that first year of life. A few extra  shots makes no difference to them. Once they are over 18 months they are much more aware of every poke and trust me, you will be glad that you got these over with. Certainly all children should get the Hepatitis B series before they are teenagers, even if you sign a waiver to delay it when they are young. This vaccination is a three part series.

The Hepatitis vaccine seems to be quite safe and I usually do not see any obvious vaccine reaction to it. For more information, the CDC Hepatitis B vaccine information sheet can be viewed at the following link:


10 comments:

  1. Thanks for the post...
    Aaraike is best Pre & Post Natal Care center for mother & Newborn Baby which provides therapies & bathing services in Traditional manner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Viewers, Cesar Luciana is my name based in Chile, I have seen magic been performed and I have also witnessed miracle happened so I know the difference. I can guarantee you the herbs used by Dr White to cure HIV/AIDS and HERPES are truly what a miracle is. My late boy friend infected me with HIV, Abandoned me and eventually passed not long after but I kept hope alive, took medication which kept me alive even with its depressing side effects. A man I meet in the general hospital called me a certain day and said he has confirmed cured of Hepatitis B virus after using WHITE cure. Same day I wrote Doctor White on whatsapp using/ +2349091844595 he promised to cure me of HIV if only I can afford the cost and use correctly. He prepared them as promised and post to me using the courier fast track. This man called WHITE is the partway that leads to your cure because despite all that the western powers claim about the impossibility in cure for HIV, there are actually a man with a blessed hands and herbs to cure viruses. Despite my insignificant CD4 count, this man brought me out from the role of death to live. I have meet people saved by this herbalist my only worry is why the world will not recognize and honor him. If you do not save yourself who will? Nobody withstands sickness forever.
      (My email/ cesarlucia94cesar@gmail.com Twitter/@cesarluciana1)

      Delete
    2. I'm Johnson Kings Finley from Southport Liverpool, England, I'm giving a testimony about Dr. White the great Herbalist, he has the cure to all manner of diseases, he cured my HIV/AIDS virus of 8yrs, though I went through different websites I saw different testimonies about different spell casters and herbalist, I was like: "Many people have the HIV cure why are people still suffering from it?" I thought of it, then I contact Dr. White via email (drwhitethehivhealer@gmail.com), I didn't believe him that much, I just wanted to give him a Trier, he replied my mail and Needed some Information about me and also ask me to make a payment for the medicine. he prepared it (CURE) and sent it to me via a Courier service, I took the medicine as prescribed by him and I went for check-up 2 weeks after finishing the medicine, I was tested HIV negative, if you are HIV positive waste your time no more. Contact him via: drwhitethehivhealer@gmail.com or +2349091844595
      I GUARANTEE YOU WILL BE THE NEXT TO GIVE TESTIMONY ABOUT THIS GREAT HEALER WHEN YOU CONTACT HIM.
      You can add me on facebook: Johnson Kings Finley
      Or email me on: johnsonkingsfinley@gmail.com

      Delete
    3. My name is Subham Kumar Khalid from Nawada India, after getting cured of HIV by Dr White i took it upon myself to inform people who believe viruses and other chronic illness have no cure. After reading the testimony of a certain Carolina, I decided to give it a try but today i am a leaving witness and for the rest of my life i will be grateful to this grate and powerful healer. After reading about him on a blog with his email clearly stated as: DRWHITETHEHIVHEALER@GMAIL.COM and watsapp:
      +2349091844595, I wondered why the government at all levels will not join hands to expand and promote this cure even when it is from Nigerian and a black nation. Just like you i had my doubts and reservations but then i decided to take my destiny into my hands even when the medical doctors said its impossible by contacting him behold my long sorrow turned joy after just a few days of taking his herbs. If truly you want to get rid of your sickness I honestly recommend to reach him. Thanks

      Delete
    4. Natural herbs have cured so many illness that drugs and injection cant
      cure. I've seen the great importance of natural herbs and the wonderful
      work they have done in people's lives. i read people's testimonies online
      on how they were cured of herpes, HIV, diabetics etc by Dr. voodoo herbal
      medicine, so i decided to contact the doctor because i know nature has the
      power to heal anything. I was diagnosed with HIV for the past 7 years but
      Dr. voodoo cured me with his herbs and i referred my aunt and her husband
      to him immediately because they were both suffering from herpes but to God
      be the glory, they were cured too .I know is hard to believe but am a
      living testimony. There is no harm trying herbs. He is also a spell caster,
      he cast spell to restore broken marriages and he cast good luck spells to
      prosper and excel in life. Contact Dr voodoo on Whatsapp or call him
      +2348140120719 OR email him voodoospelltemple66@gmail.com

      Delete
    5. I was broken, rejected and almost lost all hope due to my 13 years of HIV infection. Then I read about the doctor WHITE on a blog and wrote to him on Whatsapp Via: +2349091844595 and Email: drwhitethehivhealer@gmail.com, after hearing my story he sent me herbal remedies that cured me of HIV / AIDS. My doctor is still puzzled by the results of the laboratory investigations because I tested negative 4 times after using the drugs. I lost all shame because I am now free and my husband took me back. I testify that you will be cured of hepatitis, cancer, herpes or diabetes and others if you use his medicines. Don't be a victim, but be victorious.

      Delete
  2. I'm Johnson Kings Finley from Southport Liverpool, England, I'm giving a testimony about Dr. White the great Herbalist, he has the cure to all manner of diseases, he cured my HIV/AIDS virus of 8yrs, though I went through different websites I saw different testimonies about different spell casters and herbalist, I was like: "Many people have the HIV cure why are people still suffering from it?" I thought of it, then I contact Dr. White via email (drwhitethehivhealer@gmail.com), I didn't believe him that much, I just wanted to give him a Trier, he replied my mail and Needed some Information about me and also ask me to make a payment for the medicine. he prepared it (CURE) and sent it to me via a Courier service, I took the medicine as prescribed by him and I went for check-up 2 weeks after finishing the medicine, I was tested HIV negative, if you are HIV positive waste your time no more. Contact him via: drwhitethehivhealer@gmail.com or +2349091844595
    I GUARANTEE YOU WILL BE THE NEXT TO GIVE TESTIMONY ABOUT THIS GREAT HEALER WHEN YOU CONTACT HIM.
    You can add me on facebook: Johnson Kings Finley
    Or email me on: johnsonkingsfinley@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. My name is Subham Kumar Khalid from Nawada India, after getting cured of HIV by Dr White i took it upon myself to inform people who believe viruses and other chronic illness have no cure. After reading the testimony of a certain Carolina, I decided to give it a try but today i am a leaving witness and for the rest of my life i will be grateful to this grate and powerful healer. After reading about him on a blog with his email clearly stated as: DRWHITETHEHIVHEALER@GMAIL.COM and watsapp:
    +2349091844595, I wondered why the government at all levels will not join hands to expand and promote this cure even when it is from Nigerian and a black nation. Just like you i had my doubts and reservations but then i decided to take my destiny into my hands even when the medical doctors said its impossible by contacting him behold my long sorrow turned joy after just a few days of taking his herbs. If truly you want to get rid of your sickness I honestly recommend to reach him. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAVE YOU BEEN IN SEARCH FOR GENUINE HACKER'S ONLINE?. HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MONEY TO BINARY OPTION SCAM OR ANY ONLINE SCAM WHATSOEVER?. WELL, YOU HAVE FOUND REDEMPTION IN ASORE CORP.
    asorehackcorp@gmail.com

    Asore Corp is a group of multinational Hacker's, an affiliate of Evil Corp. We make sure by all means necessary that our clients get the best of services on a🔐PAYMENT AFTER JOB IS DONE BASIS✅. Rather than send money and trust a criminal to fulfill your deal, you can make sure the job is done before WORKMANSHIP is paid for. You'll get excellent customer service.
    That's a 100% guarantee. Our Cyber security Technicians are on standby 24/7 to receive your job requests.

    ⚠️ BEWARE OF FRAUDSTARS looking to hoax.
    if you have been a VICTIM, contact : ✉️cyberprecinct@gmail.com for directives.
    Here, it's always a win for you.

    🔸OUR SERVICES🔸
    ➡️Binary Option funds recovery
    ➡️Social media hack
    ➡️Recovery of loan scam
    ➡️Credit repair (Equifax,Experian,Transunion)
    ➡️E mail hack
    ➡️College score upgrade
    ➡️Android & iPhone Hack
    ➡️Website design
    ➡️Website hack
    And lots more.

    DISCLAIMER: Asore Cyber Corp accepts no responsibility for any information,previously given to anybody by clients on as regarding the job. Asore Cyber Corp will not distribute contact information collected on any hacking job other than in the Asore corps Hacker's listings themselves, and will not sell contact information to third parties.

    CONTACT INFO:
    📧 asorehackcorp@gmail.com
    cyberprecinct@gmail.com

    Copyright ©️
    Asore Cyber Corp 2021.
    All rights reserved.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was diagnosed of herpes 3 years, and ever since then i have been taking treatment to prevent outbreaks, burning and blisters, but there was no improvement until i came across testimonies of Dr. VOODOO on how he has been curing different people from different diseases all over the world, then i contacted him. After our conversation he sent me the medicine which i took according to his instructions for up to 2 weeks. After completing the medication i went back to my doctor for another test and the virus was all gone and i was completely cured, since then i have not had any signs of outbreak. I'm so filled with joy. With herbal medication Herpes Virus is 100% curable. I refer Dr VOODOO to everyone out there with the virus Email: voodoospelltemple66@gmail.com Add Dr voodoo on whatsApp +2348140120719

    ReplyDelete